The Family & MWR Pet Kennel offers your furry friends a place to stay while you’re away! Our outdoor facility contains 174 covered dog kennels, 19 cat kennel, grassy lawns, and large exercise and play areas. With our exceptional customer service and passion for animals, you can be confident in leaving your dogs and cats with us. Our kennels will soon become your dog or cat’s favorite home away from home.
We will provide food and water bowls for all pets and litter boxes for cats. We can also provide food for $2.00 per day; however, it is recommended that you bring your own pet food in an air tight, rubber sealed container to ensure less digestive upset for your dog or cat. (Switching pet food can cause digestive irregularities and cause discomfort for your pet.) You’re also welcome to bring any bedding and non-cloth toys for your animal.
Dogs will go out twice each day to socialize, exercise, and play. If your dog doesn’t get along with others, they will get the chance to exercise individually. A caretaker is always outside supervising the dogs while they’re playing.
- Visa or MasterCard
- There is a $2.00 per day pet food fee
(Note: If you are providing your pet’s food, it must be in a hard, ant-proof container with a good rubber seal. No Ziplocs, plastic bags, dog food bags (with or without Ziploc), no Tupperware. Must have an air tight seal! We can provide an approved container for your pet’s food for a $2.00 per day fee.)
- Large kennels 16’x 5’ (dogs 16 lbs. and up) are $18.00 per night. For an additional pet, it’s $14.00 per night.
- Small kennels 4’x 10’ high (cats and dogs under 15 lbs.) are $14.00 per night. For an additional pet, it’s $9.00 per night.
- We can provide grooming for your pets, including baths and brushing, per request of customer.
Baths: If you provide the shampoo, $5.00 for small kennel dogs and $10.00 for large kennel dogs. If we provide the shampoo, $10.00 for small kennel dogs and $15.00 for large kennel dogs.
Brushing: $3.00 per brushing
All animals must have had the required vaccinations within the past year. Documented proofs of vaccinations are required with each reservation. Vaccines are generally good for one year, except when specifically noted otherwise; however, the Family & MWR kennel requires all shots to be done annually (only the DAPP is good for 3 years). Dogs and puppies must have adequate vaccinations for DAPP (Distemper, Adenovirus, Parvovirus, Parainfluenza,) and Bordetella (kennel cough). Since we are an outdoor facility, we highly recommend that your pet also be vaccinated against Leptospirosis. Cats and kittens must have adequate vaccinations for FVRCP (Feline Herpes virus, Calicivirus, and Panleukopenia) and provide proof that the cat(s) are negative for FIV (Feline Immunodeficiency virus). We recommend additionally vaccinating your cat for FeLV (Feline Leukemia Vaccine)
All pets must be free of fleas and ticks. Pets must be medicated to control external parasites with either, Frontline, Advantix, Revolution, Trifexis, or other Veterinarian administered medication. If your pet is not already in a routine topical ointment application, the product must have been applied within 3 days before boarding your pet. Pets must also be free from internal parasites. Fecal testing for evidence of internal parasites is required for animals not on a monthly heartworm preventive (such as Heartgard Plus), which controls intestinal parasites.
If your animal requires medication, we can give all medications except shots/insulin of any kind.
- To reserve a kennel for your pet, call (808)368-3456. Please be sure to have the drop off/pick-up dates. You may schedule to drop-off or Pick –up your pet between the hours of 10AM and 2PM 7 days a week. Please leave a detailed message to receive a call back.
- The earliest that you can make reservations is 60 days prior to the month you would like to board (for example: beginning October 1st, we take reservations for the whole month of December).
- Within 5 days of making your reservation with the office representative, you will need to come to the facility to pay a deposit to confirm your reservation.
- Note: Deposits can be refunded only if reservations are canceled 10 days prior to boarding date. You will have 10 days to come to the facility and fill out a Refund Form. You will also need to bring a copy of the deposit receipt that was given to you at the time you paid your reservation deposit. Refunds come in form of checks only and take about 2 to 3 weeks to receive. We can also credit the reservations for a future stay. Please note that the credit is only good for the next 90 days.
- Boarding without reservations can be made ONLY if space is available.
Family MWR Pet Kennel Registration Form – Click here to view a PDF File for Printing. Fill it out and bring it to the Pet Kennel for final registration.