The Auto Skills Centers at Fort Shafter and Schofield Barracks are equipped with the tools and equipment to perform most types of do it yourself(DIY) automotive repair on privately owned vehicles. Services and repair facilities are provided,including lubrication and oil change, tire rotation/changing/ balancing, body and paint work, transmission repair, engine tune-up, engine overhaul,air conditioning services, and other types of repairs.
The two facilities are certified as Safety Inspection Stations for the State of Hawaii. There are 48 (30 at Schofield Barracks and 18 at Fort Shafter) automotive bays available for do-it-yourself mechanics, including several lifts.
For more information, contact us at
Oscar’s Auto Body and Painting
Custom Paint - Quality Bodywork - Insurance Claims - Free Estimates
Prices will very per vehicle.
Parking in the Resale Lot requires a permit. The Fee for this permit is a minimum of $7 for 7 days or longer in increments of 7 days, example $14 for 14 days.
You must also bring in the following items which are required to obtain a resale Lot Permit:
- Valid Government I.D. Card,
- Valid State Registration and License Plate Sticker,
- Valid State Safety Inspection Papers and Stickers,
- Valid Proof of Insurance Hawaii “No Fault” Insurance Card,
- Power of attorney is required if you are not the registered owner.
Long Term Vehicle Storage $40.00 per month
NOTE: Vehicle Storage at Schofield Barracks Only
RV/Boat/Jet Ski Storage
$40.00 16 ft & below, $50.00 any above 16ft
The required permit may be obtained at the Schofield Barracks Auto Skills CenterBldg. 910, corner of Lyman Road and Duck Road. The fee for the permit is $40.00 per month, per stall.
You must bring in the following items which are required to obtain a lot permit.
- Valid government ID Card
- Valid state registration for the boat.
- Valid state registration for the trailer.
- Valid state safety check inspection papers.
- Valid proof of insurance Hawaii “no fault” insurance card
- Power of attorney - required if you are not the registered owner.
All items must be current - not expired. No photo copies allowed. For more information,call 655-9368